Robust flavors like jerk seasoning and coconut run deliver major impact in this grilled chicken dinner.
Recipe by Tieghan Gerard
- lb boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- tablespoons olive oil
- tablespoons jerk seasoning
- medium pineapple, cut into triangles
- tablespoons coconut rum or rum, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges, as desired
- 1 Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- 2 Place large sheet of heavy-duty foil or double layer of regular foil on work surface. Rub foil with a little olive oil.
- 3 Place chicken in center of foil. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with jerk seasoning. Scatter pineapple wedges around chicken. Pour over rum.
- 4 Bring short ends of foil together, and fold twice to seal; fold in sides to seal, leaving room for steam.
- 5 Place packets on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 20 to 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F), turning chicken once. Cooking time will depend on size of chicken.
- 6 Remove from grill; unwrap and top with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.